Thursday, May 27, 2010

Humor in Someone's Stupidity

I was on my way home this evening, driving and jamming to some Evanessence when I see a state trooper. He has someone pulled over. I slow my vehicle down consciously for safety and sub-consciously to rubberneck. I see a man, mid- forties, standing with his hand on his hip and the other on the tail gate of his little truck. He has this utter look of disgust as he shakes his head from side to side. I am curious by now. I then see the state trooper also with one hand on his hip and bobbing his head side to side with anger and delight as he slowly pours this mans beer out of the cans. I repeat CANS. From my very feeble deductive reasoning I have gathered that this man was drinking one of his six cans of beer whilst driving. The trooper doing his job to keep other drivers safe decided to insure that after this man was issued a ticket for drinking and driving, he was not going to be able to pop a top on another beer until his next store stop. The cans were still in the plastic rings.....the look on the troopers face was priceless. I would imagine with the holiday weekend approaching, this drinking driver was not just slapped a piece of paper, but rather he was arrested. The trooper was just proving a point.
I know that I often poke meaness at "black and whites" or "bears", but these guys and gals are just doing their jobs. I was happy to see that for once tax dollars were being used correctly.

GO TEXAS STATE TROOPERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Peeps